Friday, August 17, 2012

Picky Eaters

What do you do when your children are picky eaters? I have a three year old and a four year old and they are extremely picky with what they eat. Most children like hamburgers, hot dogs and chocolate milk, but mine don't. Weird huh?

My girls don't like change at all. They usually have the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day and they love "Cheerios." If I try to introduce something new they won't eat it. Ashlee (four year old) isn't that bad but Haylee (three year old) is a challenge. When she was smaller she used to eat everything, and then one day it all changed. She used to like spaghetti and now she won't touch it. I've tried giving it to her with and without pasta sauce, with margarine only and with margarine and shredded cheese but she won't eat it.  Ashlee likes it with margarine only. Haylee doesn't like potatoes but she'll eat fries. They won't eat vegetables at all so I'm really glad they eat fruit. Both of them don't like meat. The one thing I know Haylee will eat is macaroni and cheese. Ashlee likes it plain with only margarine. Both of my girls like pizza with cheese only and most of the time they peel everything off the top, but at least they eat it :)

I hope this is just a phase. Ashlee used to be worse but now there's a little more variety in her diet.  Hopefully Haylee comes around too...fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment